Sunday, February 19, 2006

Close call

I had a frightening encounter last night. I still get shivers whenever I thought of it.

Around quarter to 8, I went to the plaza to get a few snacks. I only brought my keys and my money. I pondered, well, just gonna get some keropok so no need to bring phone or my rape alarm. It was just 2 minutes walk away. I thought nothing of it as I was used to walking back and forth to the plaza at night anyways.

Just as I was leaving the plaza, in between munching my keropok and balancing my keys and drink on my other hand, I notice from the corner of my eye a guy getting into his car. Biasalah kan, nothing out of the ordinary.

Walking towards the villas (where I stay) I noticed the car was driving by really slowly. Again, I thought, nyeh, maybe he was looking for a house. The street was poorly lit, so trying to find a house at night is virtually impossible.

He stopped right outside the gates of the villas and came down from his car. As i approached the gates, he stopped me and asked for directions. Again, nothing out of the ordinary. People often stop and ask for directions.

But somehow this guy gave me the creeps. My hair stood up at the back of my neck when I looked at him. After giving him the directions, I proceed to enter the gates when he held my arm and asked me for my name.

I was shocked! I quickly pulled my arm away and back off a few steps. He asked if i lived at the villas. I replied diffidently no, I was just visiting a friend. He then told me his name and asked if I could give him my number and that he will walk be back to my 'friend's' house. He looked evil!

I said no and turned and walked as fast as I could to my house. I did not bother to turn around and see if he had left or not. I couldn't put in the key in the keyhole cause I was shaking.

OHMYGOD. That was terrifying. That never happened to me before. I don't know why I was so terrified. I told Vanessa (my new housemate) about it. She quickly went outside to make sure he wasn't at the gate anymore.

I managed to calm down but the whole experience was a first for me. Im okay now. I haven't told Poops about it. I don't know if I should. You know how men are. I predict he will say "You shouldn't have talked to him. Why did you talk to him? " some where along those lines.

This is why your mother remind you over and over again to never talk to strangers.

Note to self: NEXT TIME BRING A BASEBALL BAT TO THE PLAZA.

10 Comments:

Blogger ~MockingBird~ said...

That's freaky =S
My housemate was followed back to my house last year once and she was freaking out really badly =S I think we sometimes take our safety for granted, like, nothing's gonna happen to us, and we just become less cautious than we should be...I definitely do...

Thank goodness you're alright, next time dont go out without phone and/or rape alarm ah....

=)

F xxx

19/2/06 21:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erkks thankgawd he didn't like, dragged you into his car and drove away.. skeri shit lah.. :S goodness you're alright.. :)

note: next time bring bring baseball bat, paintball gun, boxing gloves and pemarang to the plaza ;) xoxo!

19/2/06 22:01  
Blogger Melly said...

this is why I have reminded you over and over again to not speak to strangers :p

I already gave my long lecture on msn so I shall spare you from reading it once again

Be good and stay safe.

xoxo

20/2/06 01:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. #_#
Why he gave you creeps? Was it something in his eyes or what?!

*tight hugs*
Poor my ducky sis. :S I hope you're okay already. :S

I remember that once I saw a BABY (!!!) in a tram which was giving me creeps. I know, a baby? WTF~~~ But this one wasn't the common chubby sweety....that was an evilish thing. O_O
It never smiled..NEVER...and it had that kind of devil's look in the face and eyes especially, cocky, cruel & awful.
*shivers*

I think I met little Lord Voldemort that day!!!!!

20/2/06 08:34  
Blogger Ummu Ummati said...

Sarini: I should! I usually bring my hp every where. Somehow malam atu macam, nyeh. Weird innit?

Fina: I don't think I will take anything for granted now. What I thought was once a harmless walk to the kedai has become a phobia for I. I wont leave the house without my rape alarm ever again! Biologist honor! Hehe.

Lish: LOL. Atu banyak lai..sekali semua di bawa, kunci rumah pulang lupa. Hahaha pedah jua tu ah.

April: The crime rate has increases pass few months hasnt it? And they still havent caught that serial rapist that raped 6 girls last year. That is scary. And no, i have no idea where to get pepperspray. Good question. Hmm.

Melly: Yes mum! *tunduk* I won't ever again. :)

Mich: LOL. mini voldemort. Im okay ducky :) Never talk to strangers when you're here okay?

Thanks everyone for your concern =) I am safe and sound and that's all that matters.

BIG HUGS TO ALL! xoxoxoxoox

20/2/06 16:14  
Blogger Ummu Ummati said...

I got the rape alarm from Tandy's at GC. I think it's opposite of that news agency. Quite affordable too.

I reckoned every girl should have one. Just to be on the safe side =)

21/2/06 04:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're okay. did you report this btw?

21/2/06 10:35  
Blogger Ummu Ummati said...

I didnt. I didnt bother taking down his plates or anything. I just wanna get home.

I did get an earful from a very worried boyfriend.

21/2/06 15:35  
Blogger ~MockingBird~ said...

My uni union gives away rape alarms in their office.. Slightly worrying really, that they think us girls all need them so that they give them away =P

But either way, at least ada =)

21/2/06 21:51  
Blogger Ummu Ummati said...

Fina: Wow. That's quite good actually. I mean bagi for free. Maybe I could suggest that to the union :)

Thanks for that info babes ;)
xoxo

22/2/06 17:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home