Friday, November 25, 2005

Of all the degrees.

I had a brunch date at the Coffee Club with Keeta and Crystal at 11 am. Guess what time I woke up?

10.30am.

Lol. Clever no? I overslept and I threw my phone all the way across the room when my alarm went off. Lucky it was my Samsung. If it had been my Nokia, I would've cried tears of blood by now. *pats Samsung baby*

Thank God I live in the city; Coffee Club was only 20 minutes walk away. Arrived fashionably late, around 5 mins past. Okay laaahhh. At least only 5 mins late mahh.

Keeta and I were discussing about our enrolment courses for next year. I nonchalantly mentioned that the Faculty of Science (click!) introduced a new degree. You would've not guessed what it is in a million years.

Go on. Guess. I'll give you 5 seconds.

Done?

BWin Sci (click!): Bachelor of Wine Science.

On cue! Every body look puzzle and frown in disbelief!

Yep yep. You read it right. Bachelor of Wine Science. Keeta and Crystal thought I was pulling their legs. Ada muka penipu kah? Lol.

Program aims

The Bachelor of Wine Science program is offered jointly through the University of Southern Queensland and Charles Stuart University and aims to develop knowledge and skills in wine making, wine science, viticulture and wine appraisal. Graduates will have a knowledge base and skills that will fit them for a career in wineries, production management, quality control, research and development in the wine, brewing and food processing industries. Its aim is to provide graduates with an excellent technical understanding of wine making through provision of a relevant and coherent body of wine production and wine science knowledge, a science base that allows the underlying principles and concepts to be understood, and industry-relevant skills.


You can pick up your jaw now. Okay, given the fact that Toowoomba produces some of the finest wines in Queensland, but still. That is a huge leap I reckoned. Perhaps they should've started with a Diploma then see if there is a market for it.

But what do I know? I am just a boring Human Biologist.

Crystal made a good joke about it though. Imagine having an International Science convention and at the official dinner, scientists get to gether and introduced themselves including their credentials and current profession.

Scientist 1: I have a BSc in Forensic Pathology and I work at the coroner's office.

Scientist 2: I have a BSc in Pharmacology and I work at the Royal Hospital Pharmacy.

Scientist 3: I have a BSc in Wine Science.

Scientist 1: So what is your current profession?

Scientist 3: Oh. Im an alcoholic.


ROFL. Keeta and I burst out laughing. Is that not hilarious?? I still laugh whenever I think about it. *shakes head*

A few hours ago I met up with AP and Un Jong for coffee at Angel Cafe. Was it not just two nights ago that I had coffee with them? Lol. I was telling them about the Phuket trip next year (insya Allah). Ahh.. AP pantang hear exotic countries. Mula lah. The wheels of her perverted mine rolled into action. She told me stories about ping pong popping pussies and transvesties and tiger shows. *slaps forehead*

ROFL. Gawd, I will miss them both when they leave. =(

I had a wonderful day today. I don't know what I would do or where I would be without having girlfriends like these in my life. Those I met in real life and online. I found a perfect description on my definition of friends. Something for you lots to ponder on your own friendship defintion.

With that, I end my post =)

"Friends. A simple word isn't it? It's uttered everyday to almost every person imaginable. Who are your friends? I used to think that friends were the people that you could laugh and talk to.

Now I know that friends aren't that, they're the people that touch your heart. You could spend hours with them doing nothing at all and it can be the best time of your life, just becuase it was with them.

They're the people you can share your secrets with, cry with, laugh with, and just have fun with. They don't judge you or make you change. They accept you exactly as you are. They look at you and they see a great person, one they love spending time with.

You all share something in common and are tied together by memories, tears, laughs and smiles. You're tied together by love for the other.

Friendship is the strangest but greatest thing in the world. I find my time with my friends, the best times of my life. My friends are my heart, my soul, my fun, my laughter, tears, love and my life." -Kate Tierney



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home