Eh, got Halal Pork har?
Huh? What the....
My ex beau, who was Singaporean Chinese, asked me that question as I had refused (and still do) to consume anything that is not slaughtered the Islamic way.
LOL. That was two years ago. And I still remember the conversation as if it happened yesterday. That was rather interesting no?
So why did I write about the past? Well, I had coffee with some of my girlfriends earlier this evening and one of them mentioned about her wedding plans.
As we girls are very aware of, wedding are uber expensive nowadays. So the topic took a turn on how to have a low-budget wedding.
Some of the suggestions include:
Have a good weekend everyone =)
My ex beau, who was Singaporean Chinese, asked me that question as I had refused (and still do) to consume anything that is not slaughtered the Islamic way.
Him:Girl, got halal beef, halal chee-keen, got halal lamb. So if pork har, if you cut the neck same way, halal right?
Me:Pigs don't have necks. How can you slaughter?
Him:Eh, yar hor. But say lah, got neck, can eat lah hooor?
Me:Have you seen a pig with a neck?
Him:Aaiiyaaa..no lah. But say lah, got neck. Got genetic mutation wan, and then got neck, can har?
Me: No lah. Cannot still.
Him: But got neck maaahh..can cut his neck what? You say mah.
Me:God say cannot, cannot lah. Why you dont understand wann??
Him: God say you cannot kiss me, but you still kiss me, how leehh?
Me: Aiiyaa..that one different laah. Not same. You're not a pig what.
LOL. That was two years ago. And I still remember the conversation as if it happened yesterday. That was rather interesting no?
So why did I write about the past? Well, I had coffee with some of my girlfriends earlier this evening and one of them mentioned about her wedding plans.
As we girls are very aware of, wedding are uber expensive nowadays. So the topic took a turn on how to have a low-budget wedding.
Some of the suggestions include:
- Have the reception in the afternoon, during the fasting month. Save money on catering especially if you have many Muslim friends.
- Substitute meat and poultry with tofu. You know, the vegan style.
- Reception at Mc Donalds. Free toys with Happy Meals.
" Eh yang, at your reception kan, you serve pork and mention it in your invitation. Mesti RSVP right? For sure your muslim friends will skip wan. Save lah on catering. "Hahahahahahhahahaahahaha. If that was not the most ridiculous suggestion, I dont know what is. Aduuhh. I will miss her when she moves.
Have a good weekend everyone =)


4 Comments:
Hehehehe as usual, my nisah looks gorgeous. nyah nyah nyah~ lol
LOL. Ka, you're my friend. So your opinion is biased.
Heheh. No lah, baibun he he he he.
Lab u!
xoxoxox
What??? LOL, yes you are my friend but I've always a good judge physical beauty ;p and of character (except when it comes to my men of course.
ROFL
xoxo
ROFL. Sigh. Arent we all?
I can't tell if they are sincerely single or sincerely married even if my life depends on it.
Buggeroooo.
Post a Comment
<< Home